Banana and Passionfruit Muffins
Serve hot to capture the breakfast trade or any time throughout the day to entice customers.
This Recipe Uses
Riviana Passionfruit in Syrup
Garden Supreme Passionfruit Pulp in Syrup
Preparation and Cooking time
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 40 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add bananas and mix until well combined.
4. Whisk together passionfruit, maple syrup, butter, cream and egg and pour over flour mixture. Using a large spoon, fold mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon mixture into a 12 x 1 cup capacity non-stick muffin tin.
6. Sprinkle with raw sugar and bake in oven for 25–30 minutes or until centre is cooked when tested with a skewer.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
8. Serve warm muffins with a drizzle of extra passionfruit.
Tip: These muffins are delicious served warm with vanilla ice-cream.
600g self-raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
250g brown sugar
600g (6 medium) ripe bananas, roughly mashed
340g Riviana Passionfruit in Syrup/ Garden Supreme Passionfruit Pulp in Syrup
40ml maple syrup
250g unsalted butter, melted and allowed to cool
300ml thickened cream
2 eggs, lightly whisked
50g raw sugar, for sprinkling
Extra Passionfruit in Syrup.